Thursday, November 20, 2008

Songs From the Black Hole dilemma



So, I've pretty much recreated the ultimate version of Songs From the Black Hole, combining tracklists one and two, but I'm not sure it's quite complete. I focused more on tracklist one, even though we all know that Rivers intended on releasing a version more closely related to tracklist two. Also, I know I'm missing "Superfriend (reprise)", "She's Had a Girl", "Now I Finally See", "What is This I Find?" and the one I'm most curious about, "Longtime Sunshine (special coda mix)", but the dilemma here isn't about those songs. It's about the two Rentals songs that most certainly belong with the Songs From the Black Hole. You know they're totally a part of the collection and they were the songs that Matt wrote before leaving Weezer for good, but where do they fit? Is the point that they're not supposed to fit cleanly or at all?

Anyways, my version of SFTBH might or might not be available for your listening pleasure on my website, depending on how I feel after writing about what Immanuel Kant would have thought of it, but here's the tracklist in the meantime:

1. Blast Off!
2. Who You Callin' Bitch?
3. You Won't Get With Me Tonight
4. Oh Jonas
5. Come to my Pod
6. Why Bother?
7. Oh No, This is Not For Me
8. Tired of Sex
9. Superfriend
10. Dude, We're Finally Landing
11. Getchoo
12. I Just Threw Out The Love Of My Dreams
13. No Other One
14. Please Remember
15. Waiting on You
16. Devotion
17. Longtime Sunshine

Rentals Songs?
1. The Love I'm Searching For (Excellent Stocking Stuffer version)
2. Please Let That Be You (the ROTR version is closest in lyrical content/sound to SFTBH)


*EDIT
Here is my final version of Songs From the Black Hole:
MUXTAPE'D
The tracklist is slightly different and only contains one Rentals song, but it makes the most sense to me after reviewing the mythology.

No comments: