Monday, November 17, 2008

Jennifer's End of 2008 List



Editor's Note: I will be posting the year end lists (as well as muxtapes) for anyone who so chooses, so let me know. This will be a mandatory assignment for some of you (expect emails soon with instructions).

In the spirit of the season, here's Jennifer's year end list. GET STOKED!


hello blog world.
let me start this off by saying I have no idea why chris asked me to contribute to his blog.
i don't read or post on the radiohead message board. i only read two blogs: gravitas kills and swan fungus. i tried to have my own blog once, but it was hard. what was i supposed to write about? i thought i would have things to say, but then it hit me: i don't know anything about anything. so, yeah.. i bet you're really excited to read my list now. have fun!

1. aretha franklin- rare and unreleased recordings from the golden reign of the queen of soul, 1966-1973

chris said this doesn't count... but it was released this year and it was my most listened to thing of 2008, so i had to make it #1.

2. Lilys- Everything Wrong Is Imaginary

chris said this doesn't count either, because this came out in 2006... but it was my favorite album of 2006, 2007, and 2008. it's also my favorite record of 2009. what? yeah, i went there.

3. The Starlite Desperation- Take it Personally



4. Mary J Blige- Growing Pains

sorry chris! this didnt come out in 2008 either. it came out december 2007, which is basically 2008... just watch the video. i love you MJB!



5. Spiritualized- Songs in A & E

6. Primal Scream - Beautiful Future

(ed: the best part about this album being here is how it got here. I found a link very early on, thinking it had leaked, however it was one of the fakes that Atlantic put out, meaning that all the songs were there, but they were the wrong length... why, you ask? Because it was 30-45 seconds from each song looped. Imagine how much she would have liked the album if she'd actually heard the real one!)



7. AU- Verbs

8. T Bone Burnett- tooth of crime

9. Lil Mama- Voice of the Young People

10. Bonnie Prince Billy- Lie Down in the Light

11. vivian girls- vivian girls

No comments: