Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Bonde do Role - With Lasers



note: This entry was written a week ago and since then, I have decided to start posting about my favorite albums from 2007. This is the first of those posts.

Recently, I've had moments where the world seems to slow down and my restless leg seems to shake much faster than it should. I haven't posted in two weeks, mostly due to the fact that these particular weeks have been hell on earth. These moments are truly adrenalin-fueled moments, rather than some crappy "Butterfly Efffect" thing (was that what the movie was about? I don't even know). I thought that this phenomena would have peaked on Monday, when I had two papers due, but it came earlier today.

I did something dumb two weeks ago, when I last updated. I prepared, at the last minute, for a discussion that I didn't even have to lead. This week, I was in the process of writing another essay that was essentially late, when I checked my email only to find out that today, I actually had to lead a discussion. I had 15 minutes to read and prepare notes for an article that my professor wrote. I nearly exploded at the moment I figured out what happened.

I seem to have had a lot of similar moments recently. And of course, when I'm sitting at my desk, I tend to think about everything all at once, rather than just the task at hand. The soundtrack for these moments has been Bonde do Role. Their music embodies everything in those moments: it is frantic, yet subtle and it gives me the feeling that I want to run up a wall or throw up or something. To put it simply, it's a genius album. There are ridiculously cheesy metal riffs and sleazy dance beats, but the best part is the elements of traditional Brazillian music contained therein. There are moments of pure funk, tropicalia and even moments that are genre-less, but fully emobody the carioca lifestyle.

With Lasers

No comments: