Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Do you remember?









Good god. Ever have one of those days where you just want to skank and forget about everything? Today is totally one of those days. My roommate is screaming at his computer in the most violent way possible and I can't seem to get away.

I was offered an internship with Michael Levine tonight. If you don't know who he is, just think about who spins for your favorite stars or check out his website. He's overseen lives like Prince, Bowie, Clinton (the good one) and so many more important names.

It's nearly 5 in the morning and this is night twelve (I think) of sleeplessness. When it gets this late, not only do I feel very alone, but sometimes I feel like I just want to go back to when things weren't like this. The attached videos are for one of the bands I listened to from the age of 11 to the age of 13 or 14. Third wave ska was on its way out and I was all over it. Ska was such an appropriate listening choice for a boy my age; it was a great soundtrack for carefree days, for adolescence. Only this many waking hours would make me want to go back to that.

No comments: