Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Dorothy's End of 2008 List

ED: I am still seeking submissions. Email them to chris@sharefestinc.org soon!

Gregory and the Hawk – Moenie and Kitchi
Someday I'll toss all your presents/And bury the letters left unsent
Cause it's bad to do what's easy/Just cause it's easy
And I wanna do what pleases me but I can't

Lauryn Hill – MTV Unplugged


City and Colour – Bring Me Your Love
Sad music for sad Internet users.

She & Him – Volume One
Zooey is so pretty, dudes. Pretty pretty pretty. This album makes me want to wear poofy skirts and giggle on the phone about cute boys and broken hearts

Mirah – You Think It's Like This But It's Really Like This
The Mirah album that actually came out this year was only okay so I went back and remembered why this one's my favorite.

Bon Iver – Bon Iver
Hearing this on repeat at the co-op, I had to start listening to it on my own and now I am embarrassed.

Ingrid Michaelson – Be OK
Well you might be a bit confused /and you might be a little bit bruised
But baby how we spoon like no one else

Thao Nguyen and the Get Down Stay Down – We Brave Bee Stings And All
I can never remember any songs from this album off-hand, but when it comes on I can sing along to every single one.

No comments: