Friday, December 7, 2007

Every Time I Die - The Big Dirty



The Best of 2007: Part Five

I can never deny that I used to LOVE hardcore. I loved it so much that I liked really bad hardcore that is absolutely unlistenable now; I mean stuff that is so embarassing that I try to forget I ever was even there. However, some hardcore, I admit to loving still. Last year, one of my favorite albums was the latest Converge album. This year, a wonderful album was released by one of my favorite hardcore acts, Every Time I Die.

I'm sitting at work right now, thinking of everything else I could be doing. Work isn't fun at all. Every Time I Die is fun. I could be listening to Every Time I Die, but not at work. I'm guessing the Ethnic Studies village wouldn't appreciate that too much, even though it is Friday and it is way empty. I like to think of Every Time I Die as the forefathers of the "party hard-core" genre because of their ridiculous affinity for southern rock flavored hardcore and singing about horror movie creatures. Imagine if Andrew WK were actually 27 years old and grew up in Buffalo instead of Michigan, worshipping Converge. The attached video is for the first single from their latest album called "We'rewolf." Not only is the song genius, but a video based on Teen Wolf? There's not much more I can say about this amazing album; I am powerless before you.

The Big Dirty

No comments: